Queen Esther:
Annie Oakley:
Poor dog...
Batman:
Baby Dino:
I didn't get into the costume-sewing as much this year as in the past. Mostly all I did was alter a bit and hunt around the house!
Halle's began as an adult Cleopatra costume (Dirt Cheap!)- a good base for beautiful Queen Esther! I cut it down, added the simple Star of David (the only way I could think of to give people a clue who she was supposed to be!) and sewed a blue jewel (left over from Pocahontas) on this crown.
Cate's was an adult Cowgirl costume (Dirt Cheap!) and with a little snipping and reattaching it became Annie Oakley. Has anyone else looked for a toy shotgun or rifle lately? They are NOT what they used to be! She had to make do with the pistols we already had. She planned to wear these boots, but then remembered that Annie Oakley was Chief Sitting Bull's honorary daughter- therefore her moccasin boots would be good! Ha!
Ty's mask came from my mom. His belt and "boots" were from this Batgirl costume and his black shirt and pants are inside-out pjs. :) He LOVES it.
Isaac's dino outfit is just a sweatsuit with dino spikes sewed down the back and hood. His feet are an old pair of Halle's gloves with toenails sewn on and stuffed with a little batting. Cheap and easy! (He HATES those feet.)







No comments:
Post a Comment