Friday, August 8, 2014

THE START (of the school year)

Halle was up bright and early Thursday morning for her first day of second grade!  (How is that possible??)
She was very sad to be in a different class than her best friend, but she says she likes her teacher ["Mrs Erin is not MRS TEENA, but I do really like her!" -Halle, after school (Mrs Teena being the epitome of wonderfulness in her mind!)]
 
This morning was Cate's first day!  The kindergarten at RES does a staggered start.  The boys all went on Thursday, the girls all go on Friday, and then they all start together next Monday.
 
 This morning I stupidly didn't check any of my camera settings.  We were running late (surprise, surprise), a new kitten was stuck under JD's car (more on our cat carousel at a later time), and I was worried that I had already misplaced my phone for the day.  SO, this strange coloring was the best my editing software could do...  Hence, the black and white ^  Ha!
Cate (and Halle too) asked me to sew them something new for the first day of school.  I can not say no that.  So they picked what they wanted and I did my best to make it happen.  :)
Cate even wanted me to make her backpack (again, can't say no.)  She did an EXCELLENT job of picking the fabrics! I absolutely love this bag- the color, which I know you can't see very well, is reminiscent of MY kindergarten backpack.  :)
Cate, in the car, told me that I didn't need to walk her in.
I told her I did.
She smiled the entire time.
Her teacher seems super nice.  I'm sure it's going to be a great year.
 
I'm praying that this year does NOT fly by.
Is there a way to keep kids in Kindergarten and 2nd grade forever??
 

 *Here is Halle's first day of Kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment