Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Kindergarten!

 She's off to school!!
Halle was excited and ready to go this morning- she would've just walked in without looking back if I hadn't asked for a picture!
And when she saw her buddy was at the same table, she couldn't stop grinning!

 August 2012:
August 1987:

Yesterday we had a little Back-To-School-Eve party.  Sadly, my camera battery died after one picture.  But it was a fun "party":



 

We live in an area where holding a 5 year old out of kindergarten is pretty unheard of.  I know I posted about it last year, but I feel the need to say this: 
I am SO glad we waited.
Even though I know that Halle is starting out ahead of the other kids (she reads at about a 2nd-3rd grade level) a year has made such a difference in her confidence level.  She's so much more mature, and if we can see it now, at age 6, I'm believing it will make a difference at 13 and 16 and 18.  

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it! Were you a wreck?! I know I will be.

    ReplyDelete