Thursday, August 7, 2014

{June} Black Mtn, NC FCA Coaches' Family Camp

We were surprised/blessed/overwhelmed that God (through John Engstrom!) provided a way for us to attend FCA Coaches' Family camp again this year in Black Mountain.  This has been a definite highlight of our entire year for the past two years.  On the way home this time JD and I decided that we will make every effort to sacrifice and save so that we can continue being a part of this camp.  I can not put into words the value we believe this camp has in our lives, and especially in our kids' lives.  We are so very, very thankful.
We were with an incredible group of people this year.  Incredible.
(Including YOU GUYS, Josh and Rachel!)
The girls with their huddle leader, Karis:
The focus of the kids' camp this year was missions/having a heart for the nations.
One (rainy) afternoon was spent watching the kids become much better at four-square!
Thursday afternoon we participated in the Family Fun Olympics again!
The shoe race:
The prize:
  (For everyone!)
This year we also took part in the Family Scavenger Hunt-
(We added a couple of family members!)
*A picture of the entire group in the creek- one person sitting in it:   (Worth 10 points)
*A pyramid on the sand volleyball court: (Worth up to 8 points)
*A picture of your entire group with Coach Sanders (worth 3 points)
...you get the idea.  We did not win (not even close!)  Those teams full of high school kids who can run and drive beat us BADLY.  Ha!  But it was so fun!
 
This link will take you to the camp videos- we make multiple appearances in it in the Olympics and Scavenger Hunt! 
You'll have to scroll to the bottom and choose to go to the second page (click the little arrow), then choose "Thursday Highlights"  --so sorry I can't figure out the direct link!
 
Once again, Ty did not love camp.  He tolerated it, though.  No screaming fits or "accidents".  Ha! 
Isaac and his babysitter got along great- one afternoon when I ran into them in the hallway (they "explored" a lot!) she told me that Isaac was "really popular"  After that I laughed a little every time a different babysitter (there were about 30 of them assigned to different children) would talk to Isaac and call him by name.  Apparently, Sophie was right!


 
I hope that like a lot of families at camp, we can continue to return year after year, and our kids can grow up with their camp friends.  But if not, then I will forever be thankful that we've gotten to participate for two amazing years.  May God richly bless the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment