Dolly is living at an equestrian center on a lake near my parents' new home. Before the move my dad had her so gentle and calm- she didn't flinch at exercise balls or weed eaters right beside her. The thought was that she would work as a therapy horse at the center and be available for my dad (and the grand kids). Unfortunately the stress of the move and the many changes have made her so nervous and crazy that it isn't going to work out. It's really sad.
.jpg)
Although the kids (and I!) got to ride her, it was painfully obvious that she just isn't herself. She doesn't pay attention and getting her to calm down enough to walk was a struggle. The poor girl has lost weight and had to be in a paddock alone for awhile.
I think Dad said they will give her another month, but it looks as though he will be selling her.
It's too bad-it is a beautiful place.
A few weeks ago I was telling the kids that Dolly wasn't doing too well in her new home and that Papa may not be able to keep her if she wasn't happy there. They were all sad, but after a few minutes Cate (with tears on her cheeks) said, "Well, if I moved far away from my home and my brother I would be so sad too!"
Leave it to her to think of how the horse was feeling. She is a tenderhearted little kid.
I didn't mention that Cole wasn't really Dolly's brother.
If you think about it- or want to- poor Dolly could use a prayer or two. She is stressed. out.
Funny story:
The equestrian center received a Percheron (big work horse) from someone who couldn't keep her any more. The vet checked her over and disagreed with the former owner who said she may be pregnant- apparently her ribs were showing. A few mornings later when they went to feed her there she was with a baby!
A MULE baby.
A PERCHERON. AND A DONKEY!
(What?!?)
(I laugh every time I think of that story! Double surprise!)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment