We headed South (well, East then South.) last Tuesday with some friends towards the beach!!
13+ hours in a car requires entertainment:
A little 3-hour detour in Atlanta was not planned, but added to the adventure:
(Think: 6 kids playing checkers in a Maxim-magazine infested hole-in-the-wall garage, loose junk-yard dogs, andfederal penitentiary discussions-- that'll give you a mental picture of it!)
Waffle House!
The beach nearest the house we stayed at was full of shark teeth- so cool:
Isaac was a trooper. He was happy to sleep and/or play in the blow-up pool:
The kids had so much ice cream! (Excuse me: gelato.)
Our beach camp looked a lot like this every day:
(Good picture-taking Cate!):
The kids had the best time. Here is the "play" they performed with two of the kids from the family we stayed with:
Mapping our way home (late at night.):
Headed home:
Bonus pic:
The Speedo has made its way to the beach with us four times now. It will never be as funny as when JD shocked me with it on our honeymoon, (or the second time he wore it on my family's canoe trip!) but I still laugh every. every. time. After JD put his trunks back on (after the pic) Ty kept yelling, "SHOW ME YOUR UNDERWEAR DADDY!!" and laughing really hard.
Funny stuff.
(On our honeymoon JD threw a Frisbee over my head and as I was chasing it he pulled his swim trunks off so that when I turned around there he was in all his red-Speedo-glory. I thought I would pass out from laughing so hard!)



















No comments:
Post a Comment