Sunday, April 7, 2013

And... she lost it.

 
And then I lost it.
 
True story:
Halle:  "I need to go put this tooth on my shelf!"
Me:  "No, I'll just set it on this paper towel and you can take it after supper."
Halle:  (uncertain)  "Okay..."
30 minutes later, the kitchen is cleaned up, Halle is ready to leave for church-
Halle:  "WHERE IS THE PAPER TOWEL WITH MY TOOTH?!"
Me:  (frozen)  "Uh...  oh no.  Oh, nonono."
Halle:  (sniffling, small, pitiful voice)  "Did you throw it away??"
Me:  (cringing, feeling like a terrible person)  "Yeeees.  I'm really sorry.  You can write the tooth fairy an interesting note, right??"
Halle:  (trying not to cry)  "I really wanted to keep it."
Me:  "I promise I'll look later, but I doubt I'll find it in the trash.  It's pretty full..."
I looked, I promise.  I took everything out of the trash.  The problem was. the kids ate cottage cheese for lunch and Ty didn't eat much of his.  Have you ever noticed that baby teeth and small curd cottage cheese look amazingly similar?  It. Was. Disgusting.
 
*Sigh.*
JD thinks I'm crazy.  I think I should leave her more than a dollar.

1 comment:

  1. Aww! It happens. Don't beat yourself up. When did Halle start loosing teeth? AG still has all of her's intact.

    ReplyDelete