Sunday, April 7, 2013

Weekend Randoms-

We are finally having a sunny and springlike weekend here!  It is wonderful, and we haven't spent much time inside- even skipped naps yesterday to keep playing.  (Not a very smart idea, but we worked through it.)
 
So, last week we had some stuck-inside-rainy-dreary-icky days, and I found the quilt I started for Isaac a year ago.  Oops- poor guy.
(Isaac's is on the left, Ty's is the right:)
I didn't get it finished, but it is pieced, basted and half-quilted.  Unfortunately it got abandoned in my sewing machine as soon as the mud dried enough to escape outside...
 Yesterday was my favorite kind.  Well, okay- I like it better when the work is already done- but it was beyond nice to be at home with no where to be and the sun shining.  We cleaned up the yard, put together our new(!) grill, and broke out my Christmas present from JD's parents- the fire pit!
 The hot dogs were just so-so (DG didn't have good ones), but the s'mores hit the spot!
This is our favorite way to make them- fudge stripe cookies and marshmallows.  YUM. 
Today is a lot of the same- sunny, low 70's...
 Halle is about to lose another tooth (#3)- her top left.  Can you tell?
 I like this cat.  She kills mice.  She isn't clingy or rub-y or any of those annoying cat things.  But she is friendly if you talk to her.  And she still lets the kids maul her around.  Today I watched her chase down the little lizard that has been taunting the kids in their fort.    :)
 We finally got some chairs for our patio:
They're cheap-o, but they look pretty good, and they're comfortable.  Win-win-win, I say.
(See my little basil pots sitting on the hose thingy?  Yay, summer!!)
 This sand table has been worth every penny.  We love it.  (And I never find sand in anyone's undies.) 
Ty's shorts used to be Halle's pants:   I de-girlified them.  (They had flower ties and an alligator on the behind.)
His shoes used to be Cate's:    They were never very girly.
 Upgraded grill:
(We've already used it 3 times.  It's SO much better than our old nasty, 1-burner.)
 
Thank you, Lord, for Springtime!!

No comments:

Post a Comment