Friday, December 26, 2014

On The Road: Gateway Arch

On the way to our second game in Marion, IL, we stopped to see my Grandma's sister, Glenda, and had a nice lunch visit with her.  Then we made a slight detour through St. Louis for the kids to see the Arch.  It had been 20ish years since my parents and I had been though it, and it was WAY better than I remembered.  Of course when you're (almost) 13, and it's hot, there are long lines, and you have a 10 year old brother, it doesn't make for the greatest memories.  Ha!
Halle was very unsure about going to the top.  One of the workers saw her trying not to freak out cry and said, "I'll see your smiling face when you come back down!"
He was right.
Her patented "I'm terrified" move:
(fingers in the ears)
 
Yeah... Isaac had no problem with the idea:
At the top!
 
We went at a great time of day- the city lights were gorgeous!
 
After we went to the top, we went through the museum and the kids filled out their I-Spy papers to earn a Jr. Ranger badge.  (They were very serious about the whole thing!)
This thing thoroughly creeped me out.
It was a robotic mannequin display (one of several), but it was broken and moved in a halting and disturbing way- he never raised his head, and his face was always shadowed...  shudder.
One more thing to find!
Hooray!!
They are still SO proud of those badges! Ha!
(Obviously, I am not including Isaac.  He couldn't care less.)
 
It was such a fun and memorable stop.
Thank you, Nana and Papa for taking us there!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment