Monday, March 31, 2014

Sweet 16

We were supposed to be watching Kansas vs. Syracuse.  It would have been awesome.  Epic.  A rematch of a traumatic college experience.  (Long story.)
Instead we saw Stanford play Dayton and Florida play UCLA 
And I had a bad attitude. 
Our view:
 These banner hung directly above us.  2008 is missing (the year KU beat Memphis in the finals- remember Mario??)  I had to chuckle- they got that season wiped away because of cheating issues. 
 At halftime of the second game we slipped down to some empty Dayton seats on the FOURTH row.  I have to admit- the change in scenery fixed my bad attitude.  :)
Then new view:
 It really was a fun "date"- it just would have been SO much sweeter to have seen the Jayhawks... 
(Yes, I wore a KU scarf in protest.)
Apparently, Tiger Woods and Richard Sherman were in attendance (didn't see them.)  But we did see Tim Tebow in a box close to where we were.  A little kid sitting in front of us started going CRAZY- jumping and pointing.  His mom looked really embarrassed, ha!  He had spotted Tebow, and ended up getting to go up and meet him.
 Some more familiar faces:
 So fun.
Thanks, Gran-Gran and Pepa for coming to babysit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment