I've been pretty quiet about basketball on the blog this year. (Let's be honest, I've been pretty quiet about everything. Ha!)
It was a little bit of a rough year. Last I heard JD mention it, on average we were losing every game by 3 points or less. That is NOT fun.
It was especially hard because of the amazing group of guys we had. Our seniors are the first group of JD's recruits, and they are so special.
Last Thursday was Senior Night- and our last home game. JD was very sincere when he talked about them leaving the program so SO much better than how they found it when they got here.
Technically, we had the best record in school history at 9-20. (Last year we were 9-21.) We won 3 of our last 4. But even through our seemingly-never-ending losing streak, JD had nothing but good to say about how our team was reacting. They worked hard, they encouraged one another, they never hung their heads or gave up, even in the locker room. And most of the credit for that belongs to the three seniors.





No comments:
Post a Comment