You know what? My girls are growing up quickly. Too quickly. Halle is almost done with Kindergarten and Cate is about to be 5. So when Cate asked for an Incredibles birthday party and Halle piped up that she really really really would love to have a princess party {shudder} I swallowed my initial reactions, smiled and asked, "What kind of cake would you like?"
Because every day I know that they're getting closer to the time when the Incredibles and {blech} princesses are not cool. When they won't spend hours playing My Little Ponies or decorating their clubhouse with sidewalk chalk while wearing dress ups.
Time is short. And I'm not going to waste it saying "No" to things that don't matter much.
Besides, I like the Incredibles. And surely I can come up with some princessy things that aren't too obnoxious... right??
**I apologize to all of the princess-lovers out there, if my bad attitude offends you. I like Belle and Merida. And I don't mind watching Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella. It's the cheapy crap with their pictures slapped on it so that every little girl in America wants to buy it that I can't stand... **Breathe.** Okay- I'm stepping off my soapbox now. :)


.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment