It started the other day with a conversation about the seasons during our preschool time. You know- "It's summer, so what season is next?" And that led Cate to lots of (pestering) questions about the fall festival(s) and when am I going to work on a costume for her... you get the picture.
So I said I would try to work on it soon if it was something quick and easy. After much changing and threatening ("If I make something, you CAN'T change your mind again") she decided on a "Pink Monarch Butterfly" or a "Pink Fairy"- to be decided later.
Cate has been so particular about this costume- NOT the kind of wings that stick out, the kind that go up and down with her arms. NO tutu, just a gymnastics leotard. AND glitter shoes. GOLD ones. (Don't have those done yet.)
Okay, Cate. Fantastic. (Sarcasm.)
This design was approved this morning, and 45 minutes later it was done:
Nice. We'll see if it makes it all the way to the end of October.
Then Ty started in with the "I want pink wings too! Where are MY pink fairy wings?"
Oh gosh.
So I talked him into a quick, new Super-Cape*!
Yes!! Jayhawk-Man! :)
It more than satisfied his desire for pink wings. Thank goodness.
*The cape is just a cut up t-shirt. The neck hole was too big, so I cut it down and added velcro. It took 10 minutes , including finding a suitable shirt to cut up. My kind of project. Thank you, Pinterest.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Funny! I thought I was super early in deciding a costume for Sharidyn last week! :) Thanks for making me feel better, Cate! They both turned out great, but I wouldn't mind seeing Ty with pink wings...Gosh, Becky.
ReplyDelete